Personal Development Plan

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

two objects interacting

this was the next maya brief. we were asked to make to objects interact. i chose a battery and a pencil sharpener.
i had to model the pencil sharpener, which doesn't move, and two batteries.
one of the batteries bounces across the screen and bounces over a pencil sharpener, the other is used for the shot where the battery turns around and sniffs the pencil sharpener, then it's back to the bouncy battery as it bounces away and off screen.
i successfully completed all three models, i created a floor and a camera to start shooting the battery bouncing into and out of shot. by the time i'd got this far, just about got the hang of the graph editor, i ran out of time. it didn't help that i wasn't having fun trying to set up another camera to get a reverse angle of the battery bouncing away.
i hated using maya, it confuses me too easily.
i'm happy enough with physical layout paper, pegbars, cameras, but when i've got to tell a computer where the camera's supposed to go and how i want an object to bounce, it creates too many complications in my head.
i like using computers, but i also still like to be able to reach out and touch things.

this was the result of my fun with maya *bouncy*

*:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alistu said...

I hope you don't mind me posting a comment on your PDP. I've just watched your animation you managed to produce and I think it works very well. The bounce looks really nice.
I too don't really like Maya that much as my experience with using the cameras hasn't been fun. I told it "Start here and go to here over 25 frames." So what does it do? It goes "Screw that! Fljalfih awefhoflvnehulwoihvoweghwih!!!" and spins all over the place before settling into its finish position!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home